Training on Android Application Development
Android application development has been flourished these days with over $32 billion of market share. According to IDC, the global share of Android in Smartphones is going to peak in 2015! Here is a detailed forecast:
The future clearly lies in mobile apps when industry will absorb thousand of android application developer to develop small to large android application .This course will build your first stair to develop a complete mobile app that will comply industry standard.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop a complete app leveraging different APIs;
- Deploy of app to google play store;
- Explore Java programming language;
- Monetize app.
- Learning by Doing
- Powerpoint Presentation
- Interactive Lecture
- Question and answer session
Training Sessions and Content
TRAINING SESSIONS AND CONTENT
Session 01: Android Overview & Android Development Environment Setup
Content: Want to know how to make Apps? Know the basic building blocks of Android application (also known as Android Components) namely Activity, View, Intent, Service, Broadcast Receiver and Notification. Know how to setup Android SDK on your PC. It includes screencast for setting up the SDK. The SDK installation has pre-requisites like installing JDK. Starting by installing Android Studio, you’ll create your first project with a simple user interface and built and deploy it to virtual and actual devices. It is all being covered in the lesson.
- Install Java, JDK and JRE.
- Download And Install Android Studio and Setup.
- Setup debugging tools.
- Create First Project (Hello World)
- User Interface and Layout managers.
Session 02: Android User Interface
Content: Knowing the basing component of Android Interface.
- Layouts, widgets: button, Text View, Event listeners, Sliding Drawer, Scroll View, TabWidget, Screen size and screen orientation, Option Menu, Checkbox, Date Picker/Time Picker, Image Button, Progress Bar, Radio Group/Radio Button, Dialog: Alert, Custom, Action Bar, Radio, Custom Draw
Session 03: Java Overview
Overview, Basic Syntax, Basic Data types, Variable Types, Modifier Types, Basic Operators, Loop Control, Decision Making, Number Classes, Arrays, Methods
Session 04: Java Overview (cont..)
Object & Classes, Inheritance, Overriding, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Encapsulation, Interfaces, Packages, String Class, Exception Handling.
Session 05: ListViews and Adapters &Connect Project to the Cloud
Content: You’ll create a project with a simple list-based user interface and learn how to customize the list using adapter. Connecting up to an Internet back-end courtesy of the Open API. You’ll learn how to add permissions to your app, initiate network I/O, and how to move time consuming tasks like network data transfers off the main UI thread.
ListView, GridView & Adapter
Threading and ASyncTask
HTTP requests on web APIs, Android Permission System
Session 06: JSON Parsing & Create New Activities and Navigate Apps with Intents
Content: Learn how to parse JSON content and show it in a projects. Give your app structure and create more complex Activities. You’ll learn about Android’s Intent framework, and how to use Intents to navigate between Activities, both within your app and as a way to add 3rd party functionality.
- Implicit Intents to incorporate 3rd-party apps
- Share Intent and the Android sharing framework
- Broadcast Intents and Broadcast Receivers
- App navigation with Explicit Intents
Session 07: Learn about Activity Lifecycle and Debugging the project & Multimedia and Content Providers
Content: Learn how the Android framework manages the activity lifecycle. And also know about logcat and app debugging. Learn how to increase the app interaction with dialog, toast and progress dialog.
- Simple media playback, Simple video playback, Content providers MIME types, adding, changing, and removing content
- Activity lifecycle and background activity termination
- Understanding Logcat
Session 08: Implement Rich and Responsive Layouts
Content: Create rich, responsive user interfaces that work across a variety of different hardware types and screen sizes. You’ll learn more details on using the Android Layout managers, Fragments, UI widgets, and Android design principles to add visual polish to your user interfaces, and how to create your own controls from scratch.
- Supporting localization and variable screen sizes
- Fundamental Android design principles
Session 09: Advanced Android System Components
Context, Application, Broadcast Receiver, Threads (intro/review), Handlers/Loppers/Message Queues, Main UI Thread, AsyncTask, Services
Session 10: Database
Introduction to SQLite, Creating, opening, and closing a database, working with inserts, updates, queries and deletes.
Session 11: Implement Google play service
Content: In this course, you will learn how to Use Google Play Service for using Google APIs and other services.
- Using location based services.
- Creating Map-based activities.
Session 12: App monetization with adMob & Publishing in PlayStore
Content: In this course, you will learn how to monetize apps using Google’s AdMob to display banner and interstitial ads
Introduction to models to make money from an app and Google AdMob.
Create code to display Banner and Interstitial ads in an app?
How to go from a test app to an app that shows real ads?
Publish your app on PlayStore